I’m not in the mood for anything but a nap tbh.
Sandra Bullock at The Motion Picture & Television Fund’s Annual Gala, March 1st.
Watch the plays performed!!! That’s what I tell everyone who says they have trouble with Shakespeare - after a good performance (whether live or filmed or recorded) the text is illuminated and clarified in ways that it couldn’t have otherwise been. The plays were written to be performed; the dialogue was written to be spoken. I think a lot of people without lit backgrounds struggle with Shakespeare because in the early learning environments where most people are introduced to him you’re generally just given the text sans context, which is crucially important even for works as timeless as Shakespeare’s because there are so many inflections/jokes/references/etc. best appreciated and understood when spoken or annotated. Shakespeare isn’t the dead stuffy ancient writer so many people think of him as; he’s hilarious & dirty & raw & emotional & thrilling & spectacularly eloquent & still very very VERY much alive in performance. It’s both funny and infuriating to me that there’s so much elitism re: Shakespeare in many academic circles because he’s possibly the most populist writer who ever lived. There is something in his works for you; for everyone. Start by seeing him performed. :)
actual angels aka flawless people that i love meme » Lupita Nyong’o
positive ladies meme » the fosters + women of color
AU: In which Cordelia finds a way to bring Misty back.
this year in Vancouver they painted rainbow crosswalks for PRIDE, turns out the city loved them so much they are keeping them permanently!
I found out about this and thought it was so cool I had to upload a picture
photo creds: x
In Sydney, Australia (kinda the center of aussie lgbt+ community) we had a rainbow crossing, but some homophobic politician had it ripped up with the excuse that it was ‘a safely hazard’ and ‘costing money’ (which makes no sense at all cause it cost money to rip it up???)
So the lgbt+ community when we have equal rights rallies go and chalk it rainbow again. and now the council is trying to get chalking labeled under graffiti.
I hope one day Australia follows Canada’s lead.
1. Drunk Cristina is the greatest thing ever I need it always
2. But I thought cristina and Owen were over this storyline is the most boring thing ever it has actually been going on forever
3. Steph is the most gorgeous person on the show, her face is perfect, and she needs to start dating Leah asap
4. I love that at season 10 greys is now just poking fun of itself. The scene with April and Jackson and Jo and Alex was so on point with poking fun at how much sex people have in supply closets that surely there must sometimes be overlap it was great.
5. This storyline is interesting and Leah ilu.
6. Callie and arizona suck and I will have more thoughts on how this season has failed them later (unless it is intentional that they are falling into EXACTLY THE SAME PATTERN THEY ALWAYS DO???)
I really enjoyed this episode and am looking forward to greys pulling me in again after such a long hiatus.
1. Those tigers look thin.
2. Zoos are fucking stupid.
3. Capturing wild animals and using them for human entertainment is a super shitty thing to do.
4. This is not cool.
This is abuse and horrible. Zoos are prisons.
Some zoos only take old animals to where they are given an easy life. Their maintenance is funded by people coming into the zoo.
Those tigers are not thin.
"Zoos are fucking stupid" wow such science you sold me
They weren’t captured for this purpose, they probably weren’t captured at all, it’s called rescuing.
This is cool.
This is not abuse, it’s actually exercise if you think about it.
Zoos are not prisons. Zoos allow us to rescue animals, research them, and protect them from hunters and the dangers that we, as humans, impose on them.
I’m so done with all the shit about zoos on my fucking dash.
Zoos literally save animals every day so why don’t you do your freaking research.
This comment is perfect^
Animals come to zoos as a result of
- being born captive
- getting injured in the wild and rescued to live a healthy life in captivity
- being rescued from black market dealers, private collectors, or the like who decide that they can no longer care for the animals or who had been illegally keeping the animals
- being in a breeding program to increase their numbers because the animal is endangered in the wild
If you knew anything about tigers at all, you’d know that they are endangered in the wild due to poaching and hunting. It is of utmost importance that their numbers increase, or they will go extinct within the next fifty years. I don’t know what zoo this is so I don’t know their reputation, but the tigers look healthy, and this tug-of-war is good for them because some animals get stressed in zoos when they are bored. This isn’t solely to entertain zoo guests, it is to give the tigers something fun to do.
Zoos do not snatch animals from the wild without a good reason. If you want to protest animal captivity, go to SeaWorld and protest the orcas being kept there, they are far too large to belong in such cramped spaces and they are solely kept for entertainment.
Thank you and good day.
EVERYONE REPEAT AFTER ME
"ZOOS ARE NOT BAD"
I totally agree on the merits of zoos and their breeding programs for animals like tigers and pandas, but other animals like orcas aren’t meant to be kept in captivity.